Happy New Year,
December 10 is my birthday and it reminds me of year’s end, like every year 2014 also ended, but it doesn’t need to be reviewed as it’s already gone and nothing can be done about it. But, I have added one year experience and am a bit smarter and wiser than before and I can tailor the future based on my needs, wants, wishes and expectations.
You can’t rewrite yesterday’s pages, but tomorrow’s are blank and you have the pen … So write something good.
Sharing my 2015 Goals, Targets and Resolution, which I refer to as Amir’s One Year Challenge. Below a list is given and in case you are interested to see an expanded version, you can scroll down further.
- Reading – Writing
- Personal Books and Trainings
- Personal Growth and Learning
- Job – Startup – Venture
- Laziness – Procrastination
- Charity – Volunteer – Help
- Accountability – Monitoring and Reporting
Prayers: 2015 is about thanking what you have already.
- I’ll pray Five times a day.
- Recite One Chapter of the holy Quran daily.
Two reasons I started setting my goals with Prayers:
- It’s the easiest part and is something that I almost have control of.
- It will help me build a foundation for my other goals. Setting an alarm five time a day will bring consistency and discipline in my life, besides peace of mind and other endless benefits.
2015 is about early to bed, early to rise.
I’ll wake up early (Fajr) and sleep at the earliest possible. The timings will vary depends on the season, but it will range from:
- 3:00 am to 5:00 am. (Wake up)
- An hour or couple. (Sleep or Rest in Noon)
- 10 pm to 11:45 pm. (Sell all my horses and Sleep tight)
2015 is about healthy and active life.
I might not join a gym but will religiously follow mentioned below:
- One KM walk daily – or
- 15 to 30 minutes running daily.
- Quarterly health check tests.
Reading and Writing:
2015 is about Reading and Writing.
I will read a book per week and write an article daily.
- Read One book per week, Four books per month.
- Write One article daily.
- Write a brief review of the book read on weekend.
- Improve English and Writing skills.
Personal Books and Trainings:
2015 is about portfolio.
I have been writing a book on Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification since 2010 and it’s almost 60% but is stuck there. This book will not only be completed but will be followed by another book. My Target is to publish Two books and Three trainings :
- Publish Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Book: End of 2015.
- Publish Project Management Formula’s (PM Formula’s) Book: First quarter of 2015.
- Project Management Professional Online Video Training: Second Quarter of 2015.
- Project Management Formula’s (PM Formula’s) Video Training: First quarter of 2015.
- Microsoft Project 2013 Video Training: Second Quarter of 2015.
Personal Growth and Learning:
2015 is about acquiring new skills and polishing old.
Besides reading a book weekly, I will not stop taking trainings but will limit it to a training per week. Also, will take full advantage from MOOC’s. Currently, the following list will be my areas of focus but will expand or squeeze:
- Getting Things Done.
- Startups and Entrepreneurship.
- Personal Development.
- Project Management, Management and Leadership.
- Social Media.
- Inbound Marketing (Blogging, SEO, Traffic etc)
- Web Presence and Web Visibility.
- Photography and Videography.
Job – Startup – Venture:
2015 is about action and getting results.
I have already initiated a few projects, will keep working over it, pushing it further but it won’t be on my top priority list. e.g: My Project Management Blog receives 15,000 to 25,000 monthly unique visitors. Till December 2015, it should receive 100,000 monthly unique visitors.
First time in almost 6 years, I am opening my options for a job. If I feel a job can help me and others achieve the goals and targets, I will avail it, regardless whether it’s freelancing, temporary or permanent.
I have a Startup idea since long and that will be my One and Only top priority and focus point in 2015. I will initiate it and will do whatever it takes to take it to the next level (will not make it a million dollar company but it will be in a reasonable place, that I can be proud of).
If I feel, I need to venture will brilliant minds to work on the projects, I will not hesitate to reach out to them and will be open to be reached out.
Laziness – Procrastination:
2015 is about hustling.
Bye Bye, You have no room in my life anymore (at least in 2015). I’ll be a more active person in 2015 but it doesn’t mean, I’ll always be reachable.
- I will turn off Cell phone and Internet occasionally and enjoy offline world.
- I will be seen in almost all family/relative/friends functions and gatherings.
- I will hustle, hustle and hustle.
2015 is about enjoying life at the fullest.
Stepping into 2015 with a more positive attitude, clarity and vision for a bright future and better life. Besides being happy and smiling all the time, I will:
- Go out to take fresh air.
- Get camera and take photos.
- Travel to another city to meet a friend.
- Enjoy and Love Life even more and the fullest.
Charity – Volunteer – Help:
2015 is more about giving than taking.
Charity is something between me and The Almighty, so I will keep it with myself but will donate as much as I have the power. Also will take part in volunteer services both online and offline and will generously offer help to the maximum.
Accountability, Monitoring and Reporting:
2015 is about measure, rinse and repeat.
Finally, I have to measure my progress and take necessary actions.
- Monthly and Quarterly
I found it’s a great way to motivate yourself for a specific task by giving money to a mean friend and tell him/her, if you are unable to accomplish the goal or task he/she should donate the money to a charity you dislike the most.
- I will create an Excel sheet with check marks for all the goals and tasks on weekly basis, take a printout and paste on my desk, and tick each box daily.
- I should also report on Social Media and write a blog post weekly.
The hashtag I’ll use for Social Media reporting will be #amirchallenge
Over to You … (Critics, Suggestions, Feedback appreciated) !!
Don’t forget to share your Goals, Resolutions or Challenges with me.